Sunday, November 06, 2005

why a blog?

So the other day the following conversation arose (not about me):

person#1-He has an online journal? One of those blog things?
person#2-Yes, he does, you can read what he is thinking. Kind of weird sometimes, he does have a poetic side to him though, it's interesting.
person#1-Man, when I grew up people used to put locks on their diary's and journals and hide them, now people but them on the Internet for the world to see. Why would people want to do that?
person#3-I don't know, WHY would someone do that?

Those aren't direct quotes but that is how the convo went. It made me think though, not right at the moment, but later I pondered that question, "Why put your thoughts and journal stuff online for the world to see?"

So here is what I came up with, "one more time, list style"

A-not so much my journal at all, reading that would put people to sleep.(or make you cry)
B-more of a "read about my life, update on me thing"
C-yes I know, I can call people and they can call me so they can keep updated on me, it's more than that though.
D-this "blog" has pictures-why email 20 people just a picture
E-people I wouldn't normally talk to can see this
F-it is something to do when I am bored (better than video games no?)
G-it allows me to be creative where I otherwise would not be

I think A-G is all I can come up with.

Back to the normal "blog" type material...

Set construction makes me want to build things, more things, furniture. I want to make a desk, or a bunk bed, maybe a coffee table. I want to build something for my future house. A rockin' chair would be difficult. I want to make a stump a bear with a chainsaw. I want to build a barn. I want to remodel a house. I think for now I will continue to build set, that and then I will go work with some more wood once set is down.

Good day ya'll

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, building set will do that to you. I love it. If I am allowed I will take some pictures to send you of our set. We made a yard. With a real tree...and real grass. And really fake bushes. I guess part of the artsy-fartsyness of the show is to make everthingon and in and immediately around the stage to be as real as possible and all of the stuff outside seem fake so the fringe bushes are cheap plastic uck ones and the floor is painted bright white. I like theatre people they are funny. -Jn

00:13  
Blogger Red Queen said...

hmmm, building things and working with wood. There could be a future there Dan.

PS I agree about the blogging thing

20:45  
Blogger Unknown said...

We can make you fiasco when you come over too for after the climbing. By the way are you stalking my housemate...cause that would be super. ; )

09:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home