Monday, September 19, 2005

weekend

Here is the sunset Saturday night...

... me cooking happiness. My hot tea is not far away. My weekend was awesome. As you may have guessed, I went backpacking. Friday I got out of work early and drove to the Alleghany National Forest in PA. I met friends and fam and went hiking, we ended up hiking into camp in the dark, but it was still fun. Hiking lets you think really, especially when your hiking pals are sucking wind and would rather breath than talk. So the weekend consisted of lots of eating, lots of eating. Pancakes as you can see. Eggs, Bacon, Bagels, Cheese and much more. Sunday we hiked out, I drove, showered, and then I had quesadilla for dinner. I cleaned the kitchen, then Koinonia singing. What a weekend.
Here is some more...

Have you ever made pancakes? Have you ever made them from scratch. From scrath with gingerbread in them? And butterscotch chips? Ya know, like Chocolate Chips but butterscotch? YEP YEP~Gingerbread butterscotch pancakes. They are one of the best dang things on this whole gosh darn planet (edited and revised version from donkey in Shrek) They are so good. When did I first make these you ask? you guessed it; NOLS.

when you run out of flour and you really want pancakes, you improvise, we used gingerbread mix. I do not know where the butterscotch chips happened but they did. I think they probably just randomly got thrown in to try. Man they are good. I'm hungry. So yes, gingerbread butterscotch pancakses are awesome. That was my specialty. Everyone had to excel at cooking at least one thing. GBP's were my A+. Eric harnessed the calzone with large amount of cheese. Ben cooked the quesadilla with great precision. Evan-i don' t think that kid could boil water, and Mike thought he could cook everything perfect, he couldn't.
After you experience once with gingerbread, you must do it again. 2 years ago yesterday Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls were born about 100 yards West of the continental divide SouthWest of Yount's Peak.mmmmmmmmm

I'm done now. I can't post too many things or you won't read it all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's nice to see you. I haven't 'seen' you in a while. You are more clean cut than I expected. -Jn

17:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, did I ever tell you that I made gingerbread pancakes for my dad for his birthday. They were pretty good!
Beautiful sunset.
-Sarah

21:44  
Blogger Unknown said...

You should cook for me and feed me these amazing things you talk about. Then I can cook for you and you can tell me it is good- because it will be. And whatever you write I will read dont worry. -Jn

18:33  
Blogger Dan said...

clean cut i guess...i could cook for you sometime maybe, i cook breakfast, you cook something else, i get a place to live, you visit me, i visit you when I get paid! My writing is mostly boring, I appreciate people that read and comment, then I know people come and see this stupid blog of mine!

19:59  
Blogger Red Queen said...

You should cook for me cause you are way behind on that and I love breakfast.

You keep writing and I will keep reading. PS I read pretty fast and you are not writing fast enough.

22:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home