Wednesday, September 28, 2005

food...

Yesterday I made pumkin bread. I really miss home cooked meals. Not even really home cooked, but cooked meals. Soon I am going to get real food, and have a feast. You may ask yourself why is Dan talking about cooking food. The other complicated thing about cooking, is cooking or baking in someone else's kitchen. This picture is of the kitchen back home. Like? my dad, bro and I did it all. Anyway. Cooking and baking there is easy. #1-i know where stuff is. #2 i know it has measuring utensils and basic ingredients like baking soda #3 it has spices in it #4 there is a gas stove #5 my dog lives there

Cooking and baking where i am living now =not so easy. #1 I do not know where stuff is, nor does the home owner herself, or #2 if she even has it. #3 not many spices #4 big electric toaster, not a stove #5 stupid cat comes and tries to eat my happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!never again will it do that!!

So ya, when I go home, I am going to bake cookies and bread and freeze it. Hopefully when I go home I can return to Houghton with my own happy home. waiting...

ok i was going to write some more poem/whateverness but right now they are all just one liners on paper w/o much structure. They be brewin'

Enjoy the cooler weather everyone! happy cooking

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

Double Wow for the kitchen. I sure looks different and so much more spacious. If I find it I will bring you back a most amazing spice from Idaho- then you will have to come visit me.

09:08  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was so confused because I was like its dans house! but the firdge is wrong and there was no dishwasher there and so maybe its not dans house and then I bothered to read it. I knew I knew that table.

Your one liner for the day:

Somewhere in the step beyond sadness.

18:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home