Monday, October 17, 2005

high quality friends


Dear You,
I have not written to you in awhile. I apologize for my laziness. I guess I just have not had much to write to you. This letter will include some random thoughts and about a 7 day history lesson on my life. Proceed with caution...

I went home for apple butter day last Friday, it rained.
Saturday was apple butter day. It rained then too, but apple butter is good, and now that I think about it, I remember I have 4 jars banging around in the backseat of my car. I came back to this place Sunday evening and got to hear some beautiful singing during some beautiful worship. Monday I worked up in the sticks with a church group that was a lot of fun. They loved what we did, and I was entertained working with CN for the first time in awhile. Working with a veteran is encouraging sometimes. Not that CN has it all figured out, but he is good at the object lesson/moral teaching thing we like to call debriefing.
Tuesday I traveled back to PA to a place I call Henry's Bend to climb. HC people call it Panther Rocks. It did not rain on Tuesday.

Wednesday was the start of a long day. Not a busy day, just a long one. I came to work and got ready for a trip, then I went back to my sleeping place and packed my bags while watching ahhhhhhhh Gillmore Girls. (my bosses fault) Then off to the ADK's to backpack for 4 days.

The trip was fun. I got to drive, which I really enjoy. It rained on the way up in the dark. It rained hiking in Thursday morning. It rained Thursday while hiking up Phelps. It rained Thursday during dinner. Friday morning it was raining. It rained through avalanche pass, it rained while going up Mt. Colden. It rained coming down Mt. Colden. It rained while singing 100 bottles of water on the wall. It rained while HB "danced" to that song. It rained Friday night. It rained in our lean-to. It was humorous to watch HB and SN plug holes in the lean-to. Being tired and cold provides many laughs. It rained Saturday morning. It rained while swimming up Mt. Marcy. It rained while we hiked down. The waterfalls in the rivers disguished as trails were pretty. It rained on the way down the long way home. It rained Saturday night. It rained Sunday morning during the hike out. It rained during all 37 appoximate miles of the trip. I LOVED THIS TRIP. It was one of the best trips I was on. Where else can you play with friends outside for 4 days? Where else can you scream your lungs out singing worship/camp and silly songs while hiking? Where else can you not need a watch, just someone to wake you up in the morning? Where else can you be entertained by just listening to someone speak about themselves all the time? HUH? Why did I love this trip? Answer me that!!! I LOVED THIS TRIP!

Monday was sleep till 9. More GG till 11ish. Then work for awhile. Now back to my sleeping place to finish 3 episodes of GG.

I wrote some during the trip, but you will never hear it, not at least right now, maybe someday. Someday!

I apologize if this letter was really long.

loveistly,

me

p.s. if you read this please leave me a post...just a little something



9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What no pictures of the leak stoping? I like that you live in transition NY by the way. -Jn

09:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh
You make me smile
You make me remember when I used to live in that awesome place
You make a great brother
You make a great uncle

14:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let it rain, let it rain
Open the floodgates of heaven
Let it rain...

15:44  
Blogger Dan said...

rain can be fun yes-

i have no pictures of the leak stopping-hopefully i will get some of those pictures from friends-so none for now

Yes HC is a wonderful place-I do not want to leave-I NEED this job

Let it rain

17:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outdoors = Living in the details
Cleveland = Details killing me slowly

Come see me!

12:18  
Blogger Katie said...

nice to find you, doing well too.

this past Saturday i had a pretty cool trip myself. if it weren't for the fact that i really wanted to be somewhere else, than I would have thoroughly enjoyed my 4 hour excursion on the Ipswich river by way of canoe also in pouring rain. i took canoeing for a p.e. class and that was our final. if it were a few degrees colder we would have froze. the current was going pretty strong too.

the best was the designs the rain drops made on the river water- little bubbles formed on the surface and it looked like a huge field of stars against a dark background. very cool

00:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, I love that you have such joy in your heart--even in the rain. Love, Mom

08:59  
Blogger Red Queen said...

It did not rain much on us but then it didnt snow either. It was mostly in the 60's the whole trip-bummer. No elk either. Lots of moose though but no meat to bring home. Did manange some Moose Drool though!

19:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, were you just curious who was reading your blog that you wanted us to leave you "a little something"? You are a goof!

15:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home